Sunday, September 6, 2020

The Time to Create

I was looking at these pictures from the Houston Benefit Concert I helped plan back in October 2017. It made me so happy to see these pictures today. There was an audience, live music, a stage, and a mic. If you're like me, all these things make me very happy! I've missed attending concerts, directing concerts, going to the symphony, performing in gigs, or just listening to live music over the last six months.

I got to thinking and asking the question, "What can I do NOW?" I've got a call to action for you and an ask from one fellow music-lover to another...

Let's be creative and find ways to still make meaningful music together. Let's not be fearful, but lean into the artists we are. This is the time to create, to practice, to prepare, to work out those arrangements you've had in your mind but are putting off for that perfect day. Why wait?? That "perfect day" will never come. DO IT NOW! 

Bring to life all the budding musical ideas in your brain that are just waiting to be birthed. Because one day, we will be back together making music and performing. And when that day comes, we will be ready! We will have used our time well. Take this time TODAY to perfect your art and do it for your own joy.


Keep the music-making alive! Share your creativity with who you can, how you can. The world will be blessed, and so will you! Share your gift and get it ready for that special day when live performances will begin again! And might I add, never underestimate an audience of One. He delights in you!

Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,"



Love,

Lisa (Something to Sing About)